Thursday, August 21, 2008

Still In China

Hello Again,

I know I haven't written in a few days, but for some reason I was having some trouble getting on the blog website.

Well the tournament did not end up the way I had hoped it would, but that is how it goes sometimes. I am definitely feeling a little better now. I only get that sick feeling in my stomach about 5 times a day when I think about the match with the Armenian. I don't know why things happen the way they do, but I do believe everything happens for a reason. I don't regret anything I have done in preparation for the games. I couldn't have done more. And I am a better wrestler now than I was last year when I was 2nd in the world. I guess realizing that is the hardest right now. But that is sport, and I know I will have tougher times in life than this.

The one thing I am so thankful for is my support. My teammates, coaches and training squad are second to none. They are great friends, and we are like a family. From when we won the worlds last year, to every win or loss along the way, the ups and downs, we have stuck together, and we enjoyed every second of it.

My family and friends have sacrificed so much, and I am forever indebted to them. They are such an inspiration to me, and I have never had to look far to find it. I have recieved so many emails and letters of encouragment. Thank you so much. I may not have achieved all my goals, but because of their support, I honestly and truely from the bottom of my heart believed that I could have.

Lastly, thank you to Howells and all of Nebraska. If I had not grown up there, I wouldn't be half the man I am today. I almost lost it, when I read the aticle in the Washington Post a few days after I competed. I hope you all had a great time at the Howells Fab shop. I wish I could have done a little better and made you stay up a little later. Because of the traits I learned and was exposed to growing up in a small town, I was able to go this far. You are an inspiration to me.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't know you but I find much to admire in you. You've done things that many of us can only dream of. You have represented your country with much honor and dignity. Medals are nice, and I'm sorry you didn't get one. I hope the admiration of a grateful nation helps a bit.

Anonymous said...

We are all very proud of you Brad. Safe travels back home.
Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! :)

Bobcat73 said...

Larry & Pat Jakubowski said:
Brad how proud we are of you in Howells! You should have seen the crowd at the Fab! When you walked onto the mat there was quite the roar. It was dead silence when you were out on the mat. I know right now things could be better but what an experience to look back on. A kid from Howells wrestled in two Olympics. That's just amazing! We again are just so proud of you. Hope to see you home sometime soon!

Tammy said...

Brad,
we are so proud of you. You represented us with dignity and respect and you showed true honor from your heart and that is a true champion. You are our hero and we love you for who you are and who you are yet to become. We can't wait to see you back home.

Jack Gucker said...

Mr. Vering,

I thought that your comments from your experience were heatwarming.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with so many people.

Wishing you the best in the future...near and far; I am, sincerely.

Jack from Manhattan

Stephanie said...

Brad, we are all proud of your accomplishments, and we are really proud to call you a friend. Have a safe trip home and love to your family and Candace. Hope to see you real soon!
We love you!
Steph and the gang

Levi said...

Just wanted to drop a line and tell you that it has been awesome following your career. Thank you for setting up the website and blog for everyone to get a glimpse at your journey. If/when you get time, email me and we can talk about old times and catch-up.